What’s on this page:
Mini Tummy Tuck Cost Summary
A mini tummy tuck is a form of plastic surgery that reduces loose skin and excess fat around a stomach area. Procedures for this type of surgery can be simple or may involve additional or complex procedures. The health condition of a patient is important. These patient factors may cause a plastic surgery to cost in the range of USD $4,000 (simple plastic surgery) to more complex medical surgeries that cost up to $20,000. An average cost for a mini tummy tuck is USD $12,000.
Pricing from U.S. national surgery centers include mini tummy tuck plastic surgeries that are simpler and less expensive. Additional costs for this type of medical procedure are included if the surgery is more extensive or the patient’s health is complicated with additional medical concerns. Any surgery is a risk and these factors need to be weighed against the benefits of a partial abdominoplasty.
A partial abdominoplasty is a mini tummy tuck. This plastic surgery procedure is performed in private medical clinics and in regional and national health care centers. There are several prominent centers that offer this form of plastic corrective procedure. Locations are available within a local area of service. There are regional and national clinics that specialize in Federal Drug Administration approved partial abdominoplasty as well.
What Are the Prices for This Type of Medical Procedure?
The following are several locations to consider for partial abdominoplasty procedures. The suggested individual facilities need to be researched for patient focused specialized treatments that are recommended by a referring physician or medical research team.
- Palm Springs has a private plastic surgery clinic that specializes in tummy tuck surgeries and additional plastic surgeries that may be required. Further research may be done at http://desertbariatrics.com/.
- New york City hospitals are frequently used by patrons within the health and beauty industries. Further research may be completed at www.cumc.columbia.edu. Each plastic surgery procedure has costs that are appropriate for the amount of corrective procedures required and medically ordered.
- Jacksonville, Florida, is chosen for corrective plastic surgeries because of its location and procedures available through the Mayo Clinic. Further medical research may be completed at www.mayoclinic.org.
- Medical tourism has allowed several overseas medical facilities to be available for elective surgeries. Further information about medical tourism and less expensive plastic surgeries can be found at India.gov.in/citizen/health/health.php.
- Medical tourism is available within southeast Asia as well. Further information about less expensive pricing for elective plastic surgeries may begin at www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/our_healthcare_system.html.
What Are the Typical Procedures and Medical Costs?
A mini tummy tuck is a medical procedure that can correct loose or sagging skin in the abdominal area after child birth or after loosing a significant amount of weight. After care costs and follow up physician’s visits are usually not included in the original cost that is quoted to a patient. Facility fees, anesthesia costs and medications are additional expenses as well. The following is a typical process for a mini tummy tuck:
- A small incision is made for a mini tummy tuck. A more extensive abdominoplasty or a full abdominoplasty uses a larger incision.
- A healthy patient within 30 percent of their ideal weight will have the skin and fat of their lower abdomen detached from their muscle fascia. The skin is stretched down and excess skin and fat are removed.
- The belly button stalk can be lowered if necessary. A portion of the abdominal muscle fascia wall is tightened.
- Liposuction may be used to contour a surgery area.
- A flap is stitched back into place.
What Are the Complication Indicators and Recovery Procedures?
The following complication indicators need to be addressed immediately. Men and women who have undergone major weight loss have particular indicators to be aware of. Improved body shaping occurs after a mini tummy tuck as well.
- Any excess bleeding or poor wound healing needs to be examined by a physician. Nerve damage can occur around a surgery area but excessive damage needs to be monitored by a doctor.
- Asymmetry or pain symptoms may occur initially but excessive damage needs to be monitored.
- A portion of surgery healing begins after one to four weeks. Complete recovery time may take from three to six months.
- Scars fade after a few months and heal into a thin silvery line.
Patients with firm and elastic skin or are within 30 percent of their ideal weight tend to be healthier than those patients with more complex medical conditions. Medical costs can range above an average price of USD $12,000 if there are complicating factors for the surgery professionals to consider.